Monday, August 24, 2009

One Year Ago

One Year Ago
x. I had just found out I was pregnant
x. I was on the phone with APU, seeing if I could still attend
x. I had never been more scared in my life
x. I was ashamed to go to church
x. I was afraid to tell Carrie
x. I thought my life was ruined

Today
o. I made it through
o. I have a beautiful baby girl
o. I'm making a way for myself, and for my family
o. I'm breaking the mold, and defying statistics
o. I attend 3 churches ( :
o. I'm on the dean's list
o. I'm tired, sore, restless, and still scared out of my mind,

but this by far, as been one of the most amazing years of my life. I have gone from not sure if my relationship with Dominic would last through the pregnancy, to knowing that I am lucky enough to have found my soul mate in middle school. I have gone from being a carefree teenager, to a full time mother. I have gone from my mother's child, to my mother's friend. I have surprised myself. I have become more frugal, and also more giving. More irritable, but kinder. I am everything I never saw coming, and (almost) everything I've always wanted to be.

Most importantly, I'm not ashamed. "God never gives you anything that you can't handle". He's given me strength when I thought I hit rock bottom, and HE is the reason I am here today, sound mind, body and soul. Without Him, there's nothing.

Far as I can tell, this is the life that's best for me. :)

xo, til next time

No comments:

Post a Comment