Sunday, August 23, 2009

A turn for the better :)

This weekend had a rocky start, as I'm sure you all could tell by my previous posts, that aside, it was lovely :)

I was a bit discouraged Saturday morning after multiple go-sees, and even more application hunts, only to be turned down by all by two restaurants. However, I got home and called a woman named Nancy at Covina Evangelical Free Church, and applied for the job as Nursery Worker. And she was so excited to meet me that today she had me come to the service and I had an informal interview!

So I got to the church this morning, and to my sweet surprise the church (CEFC) is led by Pastor Neal Montgomery, yes, Mark's dad. And Caitlin, Daniel, Hannah, Brian, Kaitlyn, Mark & Mason all attend. It was nice to see (some of) them, although I didn't stay long enough to talk. Next week! :)

Needless to say - I think I got the job. No for sure yes's yet, but I'm praying :))

Tonight Dominic's mom is making a yummy Thanksgiving-style dinner, and I have a lot to be thankful for. God works in mysterious ways. After this past week, I was ready to give up the job hunt, and take a semeseter off at APU to watch Kae. But after this weekend, and a probable job prospect, I am ready and rejuvenated to work on Kae's daycare status, and I am certain that it will all work out in the end. (the end really being the beginning, seeing as she's only 6 months old ;D)

Anyway, that's all for now, lots to organize still before school starts, and I want to take advantage of Kae's naptime :))

xo, til next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment